struts-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: form tag and root context isssue
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:20:37 GMT
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:30:45 -0700, Claire Suttle <claire@geoviz.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm having the exact same problem as you! I know it's no help, but it's nice
> to know that someone else is having the same problem...
>

> > In the context file you deploy to conf/Catalina/localhost, the path
> > should still be "", just as it was before. You now have it set to "/"
> > which is why you get a '//' in your action.
>
> I tried taking the '/' out of my tomcat server.xml file, but when I load my
> index.jsp page, I then get a server error (404) telling me that the
> requested resource (/index.jsp) is not available.

For Tomcat specifically, the context path "ROOT" is treated as a magic
name that corresponds to the root web application.  Note that you'll
have to remove the webapps/ROOT directory, because that's where the
root webapp shipped with Tomcat lives.  You can get additional help
with this sort of thing on the Tomcat user mailing list.

> Is there another solution?
> Claire

Craig