struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Miller" <rmil...@ofumic.com>
Subject RE: Validation prevents Action from creating session scope object
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:49:49 GMT
Thanks for the information.

I have been trying to keep my validation in one place
(validation.xml).
Is it possible to have a page that validates through XML be entered
(and initialized) through an Action?
And if so how?

Thanks,
Robert

>>> jbarrows@sssc.com 7/26/2004 12:43:17 PM >>>

<snip>
> The browser displays "Error 500: Cannot find bean list
> in any scope".  It is acting as though validation is
> bypassing my action
> (and my initialization code) and going directly to the page.  Is
this
> possible? Do I have something configured wrong? I have other

Validation happens before the action is called, so yes it is possible.
You can control validation through the action mapping in
struts-config.xml, or you can play with the validation method on the
form bean.