struts-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Miller" <rmil...@ofumic.com>
Subject Re: Re: Why does <html:submit> work differently than <html:link action="">?
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:18:08 GMT
Andy,
I don't have an answer but what I would try first is examining those
values on the client.
First do a view source on your generated HTML and make sure your values
are there.
submit your form (which should be last anyway) use an "alert" command
(Example: alert("my value = " + form.field.value); ).
Hope this helps.
Robert

>>> aclose@gmail.com 7/28/2004 11:09:37 AM >>>

hi Robert,

yes i've tried using javascript, but i must be doing something wrong.
i've tried two approaches.  1) i was calling a javascript function
that set the action for me and then submited the form.  but the values
inside my hidden fields weren't getting picked up.  2) Wendy gave me a
slightly different approach to try by calling the function and setting
the values of the hidden fields and then submitting.  however, two of
the hidden fields are set upon arrival to the page by my action form.
but they are not being picked up when i leave.
all of this works flawlessly when using a submit button. :)

andy

http://www.javascript-coder.com/javascript-form/javascript-form-submit.phtml

> Robert

> hi all,
>
> i'm still struggling with form submission.  i would prefer to use
> links on the page to submit my form instead of a 'submit button'.
but