Ok, tearing my hair out right now and extremely confused. If you look at the Java Technology Forums you will see a rather nice little pattern that someone called evnafets has created, it allows you to use a single Constants class both in your Actions and in your JSP pages ... It uses reflection to add it's static final members to a map which can then be accessed by JSTL like so The address is http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=45&thread=508847&message=2415101 This works with a lot of stuff but the jstl and struts tags seem to be a little inconsistent in their behaviors. For example this works ... snip= =snip But for some reason ( my stupidity and the time of the evening ) I cannot get this to work. snip= =snip or like this snip= =snip I'm starting to feel like I'm back in my Perl days again .... Is there a way that I can dereference these beans or do I have to use sloppy string literals in my jstl code ? Any suggestions or am I just stupid to want to do this ? --b --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org