One of our application had more than 300 screens, we used struts and most of those screens had a drop-down list. We stored all of them in servlet context, and every JSP got a copy of it in "pre-populate place holder". The peak user load was abt 500, and its working just fine...!!!

Regards,
Puneet Agarwal
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: puneet.a@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Mike Duffy <mduffy_lists@yahoo.com>

07/19/2004 11:14 PM
Please respond to

cc
Subject
Re: some best practices questions

What do you think of caching static or semi-static data that applies to all users (options in a
drop down list, etc.) in the application scope?