If the field is on the same form as the then the only way to populate is to use JavaScript. You can do this using an onchange listener on the html:select control. This is not a Struts thing but a JavaScript thing. Sonam Belbase wrote: > I have the following: > > > Please select a name: > > > > > > Your Id will be : > > > The collection AvailableNamesList contains objects that have two fields > - name and id. When > a user selects a name from the dropdown, its corresponding id should be > displayed in the > box. > > How do I get it to look at the object in the AvailableNamesList whose > name was selected, retrieve > the id and populate the id property dynamically? I want to avoid a <% %> > section with > java code that iterates over the list and finds the object by looking at > the name. Is this possible? > If so, how? > > Thanks, > SB > > -- > NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender > does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited. --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org