struts-user mailing list archives

From "andy wix" <stix...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: back button
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:18:20 GMT
Hi,

I have the following on the view page so I don't think I'm seeing the cached
version of the page:

response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache"); // HTTP 1.1
response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache"); // HTTP 1.0
response.setDateHeader ("Expires", -1); // Prevents caching at a proxy
server

All the view action does is set the token to prevent a delete operation
being repeated in the event of a user hitting the browser's refresh button.

So the delete action deletes the contact from the db then deletes it from
the arraylist stored in the session.
The view.jsp merely outputs what it finds in the arraylist.  The delete
itself does work, so I just wonder what happens behind the scenes when the
refresh is hit.

I note the point about application scope , but in my case the app is just a
thin client for local configuration and there will only be 1 user at a time.

Regards,
Andy