struts-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Beal <jb...@webmedx.com>
Subject Re: back button
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:44:39 GMT

Michael McGrady wrote:
> There are various ways to control client-side browsers.  You can show a
> window with no back button, if you like.  You can provide your won back
> button.  Blah, blah, blah.  There is not much you cannot do, if you want
> to do it.
>
> Michael McGrady

I did make mention of some of those, but that was after I made the
contradictory claim that we web developers have "no control" over the
browser's back button.  I guess what I meant was more along the lines of
having no control over *how* the browser implements the Back functionality.

I should probably also qualify that the application I'm working on does
disable the back button using the methods that I mentioned in the second
bullet point of my original post.  As a general rule, I don't think
that's a good idea, but there are always exceptions.

-- Jeff