struts-user mailing list archives

From Tito Eritja <extli...@e-inventa.net>
Subject problem with html:Image and Indexed form
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:44:56 GMT
Hi everybody.

I have a problem with <html:image/> tag

I'm using a ImageButton bean like that:

public final class ImageButtonBean implements Serializable {
    private String x = null;
    private String y = null;

    public String getX() {
        return (this.x);
    }

    public void setX(String x) {
        this.x = x;
    }

    public String getY() {
        return (this.y);
    }

    public void setY(String y) {
        this.y = y;
    }

    public boolean isSelected() {
        return ((x != null) || (y != null));
    }

    public void reset() {
        x = null;
        y = null;
    }
}

I use it to know which button (image) has been pressed on a jsp page
with:

and a function getButtonSelected() in the Form which populates this jsp.

With this configuration everything works fine,

The problem is when I try to use indexed properties in jsp.

I'm using a Form with several lineItems, but as this jsp, just need to
show one of this lineItems I use indexed elements like

src="${mapForm.lineItem[index].someValue}"/>

The problem now, is that I don't get the button of this lineItem
populated with the x and y values. (setSomeButton function is not
called)

The strange thing is that if I use from this jsp the tag

<core:out value="${mapForm.lineItem[index].someButton}"/>

the function getSomeButton() from mapForm is called.

Anybody has any clue what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your time

tito

 Tito Eritja
 GnuPG key: FD022DAF ( http://www.keyserver.net/ )
 Key fingerprint = 31E3 7E17 3C59 DEEC 51AC  635C FF95 CC05 FD02 2DAF