struts-user mailing list archives

From Ivar <str...@lists.flurdy.com>
Subject Redirects htaccess
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:06:01 GMT
Hi,

I am moving some sites from static apache servers to tomcat & struts
servers.

I need to preserve some legacy links from older versions of the sites,
which have since been moved. This has previously been done with htaccess
and the Redirect command.

E.g.
Redirect    /docs/index.html   http://www.othersite.com/docs/index.html
Redirect    /contact.html    /contact/index.html

I am wondering how to best do this with a struts app? There may be
different approaches if it is only a few compared to fifty links. Is it
something I should define in the web.xml, struts-config.xml or do I have
write a servlet to catch all?

Cheers,
Ivar Abrahamsen
flurdy.com