struts-user mailing list archives

From alan.sincl...@earthlink.net
Subject Struts configuration problem on Tomcat 5.5.4
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:49:24 GMT
Hi,
I am hoping I have selected the correct list for this problem. I can successfully deploy a
simple struts application with 1 action and form by manually extracting the war file into
the webapps directory of the Tomcat server.  I cannot deploy the war file automatically on
a running Tomcat 5.5.4 server. I get the following error which has been very difficult to
debug:

INFO: Missing application web.xml, using defaults only StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[lo
calhost].StandardContext[/nobs]

I think it is a subtle struts configuration problem with web.xml and struts-config.xml but
I am at a loss to find the root cause of the problem.

All the example struts applications in the 1.2.4 bundle deploy automatically on Tomcat 5.5.4
using JDK1.4

Does anybody have any ideas?

Much appreciated.