struts-user mailing list archives

From "Lane, Brad" <Brad.L...@pearson.com>
Subject RE: message-resources in struts-config.xml won't work!
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:53:08 GMT
Use <message-resources parameter="<name of file without extension"
key="<your key>"/>

-----Original Message-----
From: René Thol [mailto:Rene.Thol@porsche.de]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 9:15 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: message-resources in struts-config.xml won't work!

Hello again everybody,

I just changed my application from having its message resources defined in
web.xml via init parameter to defining it in struts-config.xml using
<message-resources parameter="filename without ending in  the same manner
like formerly in web.xml"/>

I left my JSPs unchanged using <bean:message key="key"/> tags.

But now the JSPs won't be compiled anymore. I'm always getting:

Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

Why?

I can't find anything that is declared against specification?

Can please smbd. help here?

Many thanks in advance
Best regards

--