struts-user mailing list archives

From Manisha Sathe <manisha_msa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to compile the java file with ActionForm / ActionMapping ?
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:17:11 GMT
Thanks, but what's $soft ? I am not too sure about it. I am on WinXP. Where i can i find it
? Pls can u let me know more details ?

Thanks and regards
manisha

Dakota Jack <dakota.jack@gmail.com> wrote:
What I would suggest, if you are using $soft, is that you create a
batch file with all the dependencies you need for compiling, then call
that batch file prior to compiling, which will give you the
appropriate contents/references/etc. in your classpath. You do
something similar with sh files if you are not in $soft, etc.

Jack

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:45:51 -0800 (PST), Manisha Sathe
wrote:
> After lots of trial errors i found some very weired workaround.
>
> javac -classpath
>
> and finally got compiled, but for each file i must do something like above. I do not
know how to set -classpath to javac permanently. Also why i need to give the individual jar
file names? Why i can not just give directory name - which contains all jar files ?

> I am sure there will some better way of doing it,
>
> regards
> Manisha
>
> Manisha Sathe wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> The situation is something like below.
>
> I am using Tomcat 5.0 server. I downloaded struts and extracted into another folder.
I do not have admin access so i can not change the path or class path permanenetly as such
i.e. going thr Control panel->Environment variables.

> I am not using any IDE tool. What i did -> Copied all jar files from struts into my
/common/lib.
> I opened Command prompt. Set the path variable to /common/lib like
>
> C:>PATH=%PATH%;/common/lib
>
> then in the same window i tried to compile
>
> javac EmployeeForm.java
>
> But still it is same, not understanding ActionForm. Pls guide me.
>
> regards
> Manisha
>
> "David G. Friedman" wrote:
> Manisha,
>
> How are you compiling? Are you using Ant? Have you added the "lib"
> directory to the CLASSPATH? Are you using Eclipse or another IDE? Have you
> set the IDE to include the jar files when it builds/compiles the
> application?
>
> Regards,
> David

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this