struts-user mailing list archives

From fzli...@omnytex.com
Subject RE: Accessing my form from an included page
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:27:05 GMT
That's what one of my solutions was too, although I wasn't 100% sure the mapping instance was
actually in request (I thought I remembered seeing it, but wasn't sure).

The argument against doing that though is that the attribute name could conceivably be changed
down the road, breaking your code.  If your going to do something like this, you might be
better off doing...

request.setAttribute("mapping", mapping);

...in your Actions, assuming mapping is the name of the variable passed to execute() for the
ActionMapping object.  Yes, it's a bit of extra work in all the Actions, but it insulates
your app from changes to the attribute name down the road.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect