struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mike Darretta <michael.darretta....@metnet.navy.mil>
Subject Re: Struts and JDK 1.4.2_06
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:40:50 GMT
Andrew,

BINGO! I looked back, and indeed, the property in question has multiple 
getters/setters. I'm going to modify the names of the extraneous 
getters/setters and see if this makes a difference.

Thanks for the tip!

Mike


Andrew Hill wrote:

> Ive not seen your code so Ive no idea if this is what you are doing 
> (probably not from the sound of it), but its been my experience that 
> when I dont quite follow the bean specs for my getters and setters it 
> still sometimes works... until I change something else like my JVM 
> version or add some other property or something at which point it 
> falls overs.
>
> Last time I had something like that I was trying to have two setters 
> or getters with the same method name but different parameter types. It 
> worked for a while but then after some other change I found it stopped 
> working. Removal (renaming) of one of the overloaded setter methods 
> fixed it.
>
> Heres the thread from back in 2002 when I hit this problem:
> [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-user&m=102696975022454&w=2]
>
> hth
> Andrew
>
> Mike Darretta wrote:
>
>> Has anyone else experienced any issues with Struts (current release) 
>> and JDK 1.4.2_06? I have found my second 'oddity' with JDK release 06.
>>
>> My previous post showed that a form property named "currentView" 
>> caused the infamous "no getter method for property ..." error. When I 
>> changed the property name and accessor, all was well. Now, I have 
>> experienced another issue with a form property.
>>
>> In this case, my form property "cmd" - used to differentiate submit 
>> actions - works for one html:submit button, but fails for another. 
>> The one that fails generates the ever-frustrating:
>>
>> BeanUtils.populate: javax.servlet.ServletException: BeanUtils.populate
>>     at 
>> org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:497)
>>     at 
>> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.java:798)

>>
>>     at 
>> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:205) 
>>
>>        ...
>>
>> Fortunately, I was able to get around this issue fairly easily....
>>
>> Please, if anyone else finds any strange behavior with release 06, 
>> please let us know.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Mike
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>>
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org
>
>



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org


Mime
View raw message