struts-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Coast <nat...@codeczar.com>
Subject more message questions
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:13:40 GMT
Hi,

1) parameter replacement.
Is there any mechanism to have more complex parameter replacement in
messages, e.g. using the commons-bean property syntax (or velocity syntax)

user with username '{0}' successfully registered with id '{1}'

user with username '${user.username}' successfully registered with id
'${user.id}'

I guess a single object param or a map of params could be passed.

2) message inheritance
Is it possible for one message to derive from another?  I may have many
labels 'go' in my website.  I'd like to declare 'go' in one place yet
still have the flexibility to change some of them to a different label later

foo.bar.view.label=go
foo.bar.action.label=${foo.bar.view.label}
foo.bar.submit.label=${foo.bar.view.label}

cheers
Nathan
--
Nathan Coast