struts-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Hill <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject Re: JSTL <x:parse/> Tag Question
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:11:59 GMT
<snip>
parse an xml file from the local filesystem
</snip>

The users local filesystem, or the servers?

In the former case no (you would need to get them to uplaod it first).
In the later case (which I guess is what you mean as it has a leading
/)... not sure. :-(

<snip>
"We want to stand upon our own feet and look fair and square at the
world -- its good facts, its bad facts, its beauties, and its ugliness;
see the world as it is and be not afraid of it. Conquer the world by
intelligence and not merely by being slavishly subdued by the terror
that comes from it." [Bertrand Russell]
</snip>

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the
human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of
ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant
that we should voyage far.
The sciences, each straining in its own direction, has hitherto harmed
us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge
will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful
position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or
flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
- HP Lovecraft

ok ok, I admit it! I only really answered to throw the lovecraft quote
back at your russell quote, but hey, its Friday! :-) (by a whole hour)

-Andrew