struts-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Hill <andrew.david.h...@gridnode.com>
Subject Re: JSTL <x:parse/> Tag Question
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 04:40:46 GMT
Ok, Ive managed to get hold of my printout of the JSTL spec (didnt have
it last night). The <x:parse> tags "xml" attribute can point at either a
string or a reader. I think you could probably just get a reader in a
scriptlet (or write a simple custom tag to do it), refer to it from the
<x:parse tag> , and another scriplet/tag after to close it. (Or you
could just read the local file into a string in one go).

To get an inputStream onto the file, if its relative to the webapps
root, you code can use
ServletContext.getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/foo/bar/myfile.xml"), and
use the stream to read the file or create a reader object.

hth
-Andrew