struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Barrows" <jbarr...@sssc.com>
Subject RE: Struts and DreamWeaver
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:02:06 GMT

Graphic designers make great looking websites and absolutely horrid User Interfaces.  As for
marketing types.... well.... bring a large stick and a few dozen martinis.

> > DreamWeaver should support the tags, and ignore the JSTL.
> > My biggest worry with DreamWeaver would be the HTML code the thing
> generates.
> > Typically it's pretty abysmal.
>
> Ugh, the first thing they sent was a solid block of <font> tags.  I
> explained the virtues of external style sheets and sent it
> back.  From the
> other messages, it sounds like I'm better off doing it
> myself. :/  I'll try
> to get a clean formatted example out of them and just use
> that.  Thankfully
> we all agree that simple is better, so the pages are not too
> complicated,
> but I still think I'm in for a bunch of editing.  (And they're already
> talking about changes...)

That's the other problem with Graphic Designers... always tweaking things for no reason :)

> Thanks for the insight, I figured I was not the first to face this. :)

No.  I would also highly recommend a bottle of Middleton's (A mighty fine whisky.) for the
aftermath of dealing with Grahpic Designers and Marketing people.

About a fifth for each person of each type should do the trick.. :)