struts-user mailing list archives

From "andy wix" <stix...@hotmail.com>
Subject simple html:select issue
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 11:18:33 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use  select and options tags in the simplest way where I have
an ArrayList of Strings in the request (Logs) and I wish the one selected to
end up in the form's logName variable.
According to page 296 of Struts in action I think this should work:

but I get:

[ServletException in:/selectLog.jsp] No name specified'
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No name specified at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getNestedProperty(PropertyUtils.java:721)
at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:801)
at

etc

Thanks,
Andy