struts-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Lipofsky" <daniel.lipof...@bricsnet.com>
Subject RE: setAttribute
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:17:23 GMT
It is available for the duration of the HTTP request.
That may be more than one page if you are forwarding (server-side)
but if you are not it is more or less equivalent to a page.
The 4 scopes are
page, request, session, application

so if you want to keep something for longer
you probably want to put it in the session.

About the user clicking a button: if it is a submit button
I believe the button name is an http parameter and you can look
for that in an action.  You can also use javascript to set
a hidden field when the user clicks a button.  That is a
"parameter", not an "attribute" but you can look for the
parameter in the action and set and attibute.
- Dan