struts-user mailing list archives

From <mohan.radhakrish...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: Which tlds/jars I am suppose to make use of ?
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:55:20 GMT
Hi,

1.The TLD's are *usually*(It works) in the META-INF folder in the
concerned jar.

2. It seems that it will be found if it is *anywhere*(I haven't tried
this) under WEB- INF if your container implements auto-scanning as
mentioned in the spec.

Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: Manisha Sathe [mailto:manisha_msathe@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 8:14 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Which tlds/jars I am suppose to make use of ?

Coming back with the one more query regarding this.

I am having sample which uses c.tld (which is inside EL version which i
believe jstl). But under normal lib directory they do not have c.tld. Do
i need to copy c.tld from EL incase i want to make use of jstl?

Thanks and regards
Manisha

Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
If you want to use the "EL" versions of the tags then use the second,
otherwise use the first.

The "EL" versions allow you to use expression language in a Servlet 2..3
environment If your using Servlet 2.2 then you can't use them and if
your using Servlet 2.4, then you don't need them because the servlet
container supports EL anyway. If you are using Servlet 2.3 but are not
bothered about EL, then use the regular ones.

Niall