struts-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Perry" <d.pe...@netcase.co.uk>
Subject RE: ??? property naming convention problem
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:52:28 GMT
This is confusing.  The bean spec / article is talking about going from a
method name into a property name.  The problem here is the other way round.

Eg, decapitalise method->property will convert: getECoupon -> ECoupon
But it doesnt mention property->method capitalise: eCoupon -> getECoupon /
geteCoupon

I think the assumption has been made that if youre going to go from
getECoupon ->ECoupon that you must go from ECoupon->getECoupon and therefore
eCoupon->geteCoupon

However the spec doesnt say that this should be a reversible process, so why
not eCoupon->getECoupon

Daniel.