struts-user mailing list archives

From <mohan.radhakrish...@accenture.com>
Subject Re: Urgent Helppp needed
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:29:58 GMT

Hi,
         This looks like the business case for Struts modules.  You could
check out the doc. related to the support for Struts modules.

1. Support for separate resource files.
2. You could use a single page ( for example a common 'Search' JSP ) across
modules if you want. This promotes reusability.
3. Separate struts config. files

Initially it was a bit tricky to set up the modules but the advantages are
worth it. The archives of the list shoud help too.

Also search the recent archives for the Sun blueprints recommendation for
directory hierarchy if you are going that way.

Mohan

              "Meenakshi S"

              <meenakshi.singh@mind-infotech.c         To:      "'Struts Users Mailing
List'"
              om>                                      <user@struts.apache.org>,
<andrew.david.hill@gridnode.com>
                                                       cc:

              12/21/2004 11:22 AM                      Subject: Urgent Helppp needed

              Please respond to "Struts Users

              Mailing List"

Hi all,

I am newbie in struts.
I need help from u all in designing my application in Struts.

Plz correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

I m planning to use WSAD for development. & would be implementing it
with Tomcat 4.1(as wsad doesn't give an option to configure a higher
version) & JDK1.3.

My application is a sales tracking system wherein I have various
modules.
Some of my modules & it's activities are as follows:
1.           Security
             a.          Role
             b.          Module
             c.          Form
             d.          Access Right
             e.          Change Password

2.           Setup
             a.          Organisation
             b.          Branch
             c.          Employee
             d.          Reporting
             e.          Designation

3.           Pre-Sales
             a.          Team
             b.          Model
             c.          Color
             d.          Status
             e.          Price
             f.          Finance Source
             g.          Prospect
             h.          Target
             i.          Case Detail
             j.          Lead Assignment

4.           Sales
             a.          Order Booking
             b.          Customer
             c.          Dispatch

5.           Inventory
             a.          Stock

6.           Reports
             a.          Model Wise
             b.          Team Wise
             c.          Branch Wise
             d.          Case History
             e.          Ageing Report

7.           Competitor's Activity

I m thinking about implementing the security part thru JAAS. Suggest me
if there's a good alternative to it.

I also want to know as to where should I store the jsp pages, the action
classes, action forms etc. i.e, what kind of hierarchy should I manage
so that making changes/updations is easy.

It's urgent,....plz help.

Regards,
MS.

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.