struts-user mailing list archives

From "David G. Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: Validator what am I missing??
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:49:29 GMT
Vinicius,

What are you using as your struts-config.xml form-bean and action mapping?
A lot of people get the ValidatorForm and ValidatorActionForm reversed in
their minds/thinking. Your mappings for those two related items should
assist us in determining if that is the issue.

Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinicius Caldeira Carvalho
[mailto:vinicius.carvalho@squadra.com.br]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 8:17 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Validator what am I missing??

Hi there. I can't get validator to work (although I've done this before)
I know I'm missing something.
Here's my configuration files:

struts-config:
<plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
        <set-property property="pathnames"
value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml, /WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>
</plug-in>

validation.xml

    <formset>
        <form name="cadastrarHistoricoNegociacaoForm">
            <field property="outras" depends="required">
                <arg0 key="historicoNegociacao.campo.outras"/>
            </field>
            <field property="areaAtuacao" depends="required">
                <arg0 key="historicoNegociacao.campo.atuacao"/>
            </field>
        </form>
    </formset>

I have the original validator-rules.xml and the appResources has all the
default messages.

My form, extends ValidatorForm, and I have a validate method with this body:

ActionErrors errors = super.validate(mapping,request);
if(errors == null){
            errors = new ActionErrors();
}
if(produtos.size() == 0){
            errors.add("produto",new
ActionMessage("historicoNegociacao.erro.produtos"));
}

Problem is, the call to the super class always return an empty (not
null) ActionErrors. What could be wrong?

thanx