struts-user mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: disable validation of validator.xml & validator-rules.xml (partially OT now)
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:10:02 GMT
At 2:51 PM +0000 12/1/04, Marco Mistroni wrote:
>Hello,
>	Thanx for suggestion... however WAS Studio is giving me problems
>When building my application
>
>I have specified following as DTD reference
>
><!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC
>           "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules
>Configuration 1.1.3//EN"
>           "/org/apache/commons/validator/resources/validator_1_1_3.dtd">

Two things: first, I don't think that your DTD public identifier is
one which was ever actually registered.  Where did you get the value
"-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules
Configuration 1.1.3//EN" ?

 From the Validator CVS repository, the newest DTD is this one:

<!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC
      "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules
Configuration 1.1//EN"
      "http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_1.dtd">

That public ID ("-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator
Rules Configuration 1.1//EN") is linked in the Validator code to a
copy of the DTD which is included in the commons-validator JAR.  If
you use this public ID, you shouldn't ever need to be online, because
the configuration process will read the DTD from the JAR.

On the other hand, if you do want to specify a local path to a DTD in
a DOCTYPE declaration, you probably need to specify it as a
fully-qualified "file:///" URL (which has its own portability
problems).  I'm not sure that there's a determinate way to predict
how different XML processors will resolve a relative URL.

Joe

>and WAS Studio keeps on telling me that it cannot find the dtd on
>filesystems..
>
>anyone had similar problems?
>
>Regards	marco

Joe Germuska