struts-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Kies <danielk...@gmail.com>
Subject Validation Post-Back help
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:55:18 GMT
Greetings.  I am using the Validation Framework and I am having
problems when the validator is finding an error.  When the post-back
kicks back to the input page, it is not finding the data that was
previously found in the request.  In order for the data to be
available when kicked back to the calling jsp, I have to put the data
in the session instead of the request in the initial action.

My question is this:
What do I have to do to keep the data available in the request when
the validator is called and errors are raised?  I don't want to have
to put everything in the session just for validation purposes.

Thanks in advance.