struts-user mailing list archives

From "elisegev1" <eliseg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Validation Failure
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:21:20 GMT

I am learning how to use Struts and have encountered the following
problem.  I have a form bean defined as 'DynaActionForm' with
properties defined in struts-config.xml.  In validation.xml I specify
the validation rules for some of the properties - not all. The source
code for the generated page has the following generated Javascript
function:

    function submitForm_required () {
     this.a0 = new Array("property1", "", new Function ("varName", "
return this[varName];"));
     this.a1 = new Array("property2", "", new Function ("varName", "
return this[varName];"));
     this.a2 = new Array("property3", "", new Function ("varName", "
return this[varName];"));
    }

The error message should appear in the second argument of the 'new
Array', but does not.  Does anyone know what causes this error?  If I
put any of the error messages as a 'message' in the Jsp file, the
message does appear correctly.  Which means that my resource file is
read by the system.  Yet the error messages are missing.  Any
suggestions on how to debug this problem?

BTW, the Javascript alert does pop up when it should, but it appears
empty without the error messages.