struts-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing my form from an included page
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:42:45 GMT
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:38:39 -0800 (PST), fzlists@omnytex.com

> (Caveat: I may be wrong about all this :) )
>
> Frank W. Zammetti
> Founder and Chief Software Architect
> Omnytex Technologies
> http://www.omnytex.com

Frank, you are a hoot.  ;-)  You must be great to have as a work partner.

I think, however, that the page which is identified by the eventual
servlet is the page which is tied to the form.  Therefore, any
included aspect of the page can use this information, if consistent.
Otherwise the included tiles couldn't be dynamic.  I do this with
forms all the time.  The code in the included file, which might be
included in various jsp "pages" or servlets or html, depending on your
perspective, just kicks into whatever the form is with the final
"page", servlet or html.  If an included page might have this code
only with certain "final" pages, servlets or html, just make the code
conditional, e.g. test to see the existence of the form.  There are
obviously various alternatives you can use on this theme.

Jack

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this