struts-user mailing list archives

From TedMitchell <tmitch...@peak.org>
Subject Struts versus Version versus MyEclipse I'm lost.
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2004 03:42:57 GMT
I'm deturmined to learn and use Struts.  I'm confused when I attempt to
duplicate working examples in my application Eclipse flags them as errors.  I
lost a great deal of learning time on my first example where the ActionForm
called the "perform" versus the "execute" method.  I don't know if I'm fighting
yet again a version issue.

In the struts-mailreader example that comes with Struts the index.jsp contains 2
lines.

<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-logic" prefix="logic" %>
<logic:redirect action="/Welcome"/>

When I duplicate these in my application Eclipse complains with and "unexpected
action=..." Error.  The logic:redirect documentation seems to agree with Eclipse
that only a forward, href or a page attribute should follow a redirect.

When I replace the "action" with a "forward" it fails to find the action.

So what am I missing?

Thanks