struts-user mailing list archives

From t t <wantt...@yahoo.com>
Subject session form bean problem -- post again.
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:29:41 GMT
Happy new year!
Since I posted this problem before Christmas and didn't get answer, I post it again.
. I have such action mapping:
--------------------------------
<action path="/Populate"
               type="myClasses.PopulateAction"
        name="SearchForm"
        scope="request"
               validate="false">
               <forward name="success" path="/search.jsp"/>
       </action>
-----------------------------
The code in the "PopulateAction" class is:
-------
public ActionForward execute(
        ActionMapping mapping,
        ActionForm form,
        HttpServletRequest request,
        HttpServletResponse response)
        throws Exception {

	User user = (User)
session.getAttribute(Constants.USER_KEY);
	SearchForm searchForm=(SearchForm) form;
	searchForm.setZipcode(user.getZipcode());
	searchForm.setCity(user.getCity());
	searchForm.setState(user.getState());
	searchForm.setCountry(user.getCountry());

        return (mapping.findForward("success"));

    }
----------

I want to populate "SearchForm" with some existed values(stored in
session) before showing "search.jsp". This work is done in "execute" method
of "PopulateAction".
It works well when I use the mapping code shown above. But when I take
out the line -- scope="request", that is, I want this form bean to be a
session bean. Then the values were not set. They are  just the initial
values of the form bean.
It seems a new form bean object was created after "execute" method of
"PopulateAction". Or , "execute" method of "PopulateAction" was not
executed.
Any idea anyone?

Thanks in advance.