struts-user mailing list archives

From Manisha Sathe <manisha_msa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Validator question
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 09:02:18 GMT
I just started learning validator (struts) and developed one small form with one single field.
I used Javascript and serverside validatin both.

Till now i used to put all my jar files inside {Tomcat home}/common/lib and it was all ok.
(I do not want to keep too many copies of jar files inside different application directories).
Till now this seems to be not working.

But when it comes to the validator part ->

If i keep jar files inside {Tomcat home}/common/lib - then validation is not taking place
at all. (Although i can see in view source that JavaScript is being generted). Even server
side validation won't take place.

If i put back all jar files inside {my web application}/WEB-INF/lib directory it works properly.

Ofcourse i am not expert but this is the observation after long hrs struggle. Is there any
workaround ?

regards
Manisha