struts-user mailing list archives

From Ashish Kulkarni <kulkarni_ash1...@yahoo.com>
Subject [OT] store web application specific data
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:24:43 GMT
Hi
I am working on a web application using struts, i have
some application speicific data which is in a xml file
in WEB-INF directory of my web application.
What is the best way to make this information
available through out the web application.
I dont want to read the xml file each time data is
required.
Currently while starting the application i read the
xml file and store the data in servlet context, and
then when i need the data i get it from there.
Is this a correct way of doing it,
Also how will it in affect in clustering ( which may
be in future)
What about using JNDI (is there any good tutorial with
example of doing such kind of thing)

Ashish