struts-user mailing list archives

From Manisha Sathe <manisha_msa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hmm... i will go crazy due to validation
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:56:00 GMT
Hi all,

I am writing my experience in case somebody same like me (very very new to struts) might get
hint if they face the same problem.

1)First thing which i was doing wrong was making use of old validation-rules.xml (downloaded
from web while downloading example) along with new  jar files. The javascript validation was
not working at all as function name ...required()... was missing "form name". This went ok
once i corrected this version problem.

2)Secondly when i was testing server side validation - again it was not doing it and was just
submitting as it is and reson was i was missing

input = "...jsp file name" for action handler inside struts-config.xml file

After 2 days of struggle at least simple "required" condition is working for me. Let's see
how it goes further.

I would also like to thank all who helped me out in my validator related issues.

regards
Manisha

Manisha Sathe <manisha_msathe@yahoo.com> wrote:

Manisha Sathe wrote:

>I am testing struts validatior in one test program. Finally i could do some date validation
for user i/p. I could get javascript pop-up if i enter it wrongly.

>i wanted to test server side validation - so i switched off javascript and tried to submit
- it went through w/o throwing any error.