struts-user mailing list archives

From fzli...@omnytex.com
Subject Re: open new window form struts action
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:55:40 GMT
Geez, I wish I'd have known that before!  So are you saying that if the browser doesn't recognize
the target as one of the predefined types, it will assume it should open a new window named
according to the target value?  That's cool, and I didn't know it.  It would have saved me
some trouble a few weeks back because I had to add some code to a system to deal with a situation
where a popup window might have been opened and things broke if a certain request was submitted
again with it still open.  I just added a quick Javascript check and closed the window if
it was open before submitting the form, but this would have been much better!

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect