struts-user mailing list archives

From dsarris <chi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Set request parameters in servlet through action
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 13:04:59 GMT
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 13:31:35 +0100, brenmcguire@tariffenet.it
<brenmcguire@tariffenet.it> wrote:

> > how can I add a request parameter inside an action execute method? Do
> > I have to use an ActionForm or it is an easiest way to do it?
> >

> You cannot set a new parameter once a http request has been submitted, but
> you can get parameters directly via the object "request", passed in the
> "execute" method. Simply use the "getParameter*" methods.
> Ciao
> Antonio Petrelli

At last a European guy :-) !! I always wait for at least 6 hours until
I have a reply.

Thus, if I set an attribute using the HttpServletRequest.setAttribute,
how can I retrieve it my JSP page?
I know that all these can be very easy using an ActionForm, but I do
not want to create an ActionForm for just a plain String attribute.

chipix