struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Barrows" <jbarr...@sssc.com>
Subject RE: Validator question
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:05:16 GMT

I have no idea.  I consider it to be a complete waste of my time trying to figure out classpath
issues like this, so I just keep everything a web app needs in it's lib directory.  My time
is worth more then extra disk space, so it doesn't make sense from a financial point of view.

Then, you have upgrade issues... the new web app needs the latest jar, but the old app blows
up on the latest jar... so now your back to where you were, plus the added time of finding
out (probably after install to production) that the latest jar blows up old applications.

Uggh.