struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Douglas" <jd...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Check Tag problem?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:32:57 GMT
useAttribute is in struts-tiles.tld...still no luck.  This is frustrating
because it is from the example that comes with Tiles.  Does anybody know of
any IDE's that allow you to step thru JSP code?

...this is vboxLayout.jsp,

<%@ page import="java.util.Iterator"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>

<%-- Layout component
  Render a list of tiles in a vertical column
  @param : list List of names to insert

--%>

<tiles:useAttribute id="list" name="list" classname="java.util.List" />

<%-- Iterate over names.
  We don't use <iterate> tag because it doesn't allow insert (in JSP1.1)
--%>
<%
Iterator i=list.iterator();
while( i.hasNext() )
  {
  String name= (String)i.next();
%>
<tiles:insert name="<%=name%>" flush="true" />

<%
  } // end loop
%>

...this is columnsLayout.jsp,

<%@ page import="org.apache.struts.tiles.ComponentContext"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>

<%-- Layout component
  Render a list on severals columns
  parameters : numCols, list0, list1, list2, list3, ...
--%>

<tiles:useAttribute id="numColsStr" name="numCols"
classname="java.lang.String" />

<%
int numCols = Integer.parseInt(numColsStr);
ComponentContext context = ComponentContext.getContext( request );
for( int i=0; i<numCols; i++ )
  {
  java.util.List list=(java.util.List)context.getAttribute( "list" + i );
  pageContext.setAttribute("list", list );
  if(list==null)
    System.out.println( "list is null for " + i  );
%>
  <tiles:insert page="/common/layouts/vboxLayout.jsp" flush="true" >
    <tiles:put name="componentsList" beanName="list" beanScope="page" />
  </tiles:insert>
<%
  } // end loop
%>

This is the error...

DEBUG - insert page='/common/layouts/columnsLayout.jsp'.
DEBUG - servletPath=/common/layouts/columnsLayout.jsp, pathInfo=null,
queryString=null, name=null
DEBUG -  Path Based Include
DEBUG - insert page='/common/layouts/vboxLayout.jsp'.
DEBUG - servletPath=/common/layouts/vboxLayout.jsp, pathInfo=null,
queryString=null, name=null
DEBUG -  Path Based Include
ERROR - Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Error - tag useAttribute : attribute 'list'
not found in context. Check tag syntax
	at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.UseAttributeTag.doStartTag(UseAttributeTag.java:184)
	at
org.apache.jsp.common.layouts.vboxLayout_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.common.layouts.vboxLayout_jsp:73)

Jim