struts-user mailing list archives

From jecro...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: Validate a field only if a checkbox is checked
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:35:25 GMT
This is simply to enable and disable filters. The users don't want to write
something to search with a criteria, then erase it, search something else
and then rewrite the first thing he entered.

Jean-Francois Croteau
Services Informatiques
IBM Canada Ltée (Bromont)

             Wendy Smoak
             <java@wendysmoak.
                                       Struts Users Mailing List
                                                                        cc

               "Struts Users           Re: Validate a field only if a
               Mailing List"           checkbox is checked

From: <jecrotea@ca.ibm.com>
> The validation is more axed around the date format... I want to validate
> the date format ONLY if the user checked the checkbox to active the
filter
> on that date.

>From a user interface perspective, the checkbox is redundant.  If they want
to give you a date, they fill in the date field.  If not, they don't.  Why
make them check a box AND fill in a date?

--
Wendy Smoak