struts-user mailing list archives

From jecro...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Validate a field only if a checkbox is checked
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:03:13 GMT

Hi,
      I want to know, how can I validate a field that must contains a date
with the DatePattern ONLY IF a checkbox in my form is checked? For now, I
have this, but it doesn't work at all:

  <field property="startDate" depends="validWhen, date">
       <arg0 key="searchLots.error.invalidStartDate" />
           <var>
               <var-name>test</var-name>
               <var-value>(customerIdFlg == null)</var-value>
           </var>
           <var>
               <var-name>datePattern</var-name>
               <var-value>yyyy-MM-dd</var-value>