struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gaet" <gaetm...@free.fr>
Subject Design problem
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 16:04:35 GMT
Hi,

I have page with a list of employees.
On that list, if you click on an employee name, I want to redirect to an
edit page...easy no?

but how to define the complete process into struts-config? Below you will
find my actual struts-config but here is my problem :
I have defined the /EmployeeDetail action-mapping with validate equal to
false to be able to display the employee detail page without any
check....but if the user made any changes on the employee information in the
detailled page, the same action is called and then i need to validate my
form! Maybe my configuration is not good....

<action path="/initEmployeeList"
    type="com.ajo.InitEmployeeAction"
    name="EmployeeForm"
    validate="false"
    parameter="reqCode"
    scope="session">
    <forward name="continue" path="/EmployeeListe.jsp"/>
    <forward name="create" path="EmployeeDetail.do"/>
    <forward name="update" path="EmployeeDetail.do"/>
</action>
<action path="/EmployeeDetail"
    type="org.ajo.EmployeeAction"
    name="EmployeeForm"
    validate="false"
    scope="request">
    <forward name="continue" path="/EmployeeDetail.jsp"/>
</action>

in EmployeeDetail.jsp, I have the following form definition :

Thanks for your help