struts-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Perrett" <jack.perr...@goodtechnology.com>
Subject Re: multi-page validation form
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:28:52 GMT
Thanks for gettig back to me so quickly.
I am actually setting the hidden page property. I'm using a StrutsTest so
the jsp doesn't actually exist at the moment but I'm creating a form, and
setting the fields, and then using

    form.setPage(2);

to set the this property. So I'm effectively submitting a form with the
hidden page property set to 2.
any ideas what else could be stopping it?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brandon Mercer" <brandon@eutonian.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: multi-page validation form

> Jack Perrett wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to create a form that will be validated over a series of
jsp's. I'm using the page property with individual fields to specify whether
they should be validated on a particular page and then setting the hidden
page property to whatever the corurrent jsp page.

> >This is how my field looks in the validation.xml
> >
> ><field property="adults"
> >                     page="2"
> >                     depends="required">
> >
> >                  <arg0 key="passengerBookingForm.adults"/>
> ></field>
> >
> >But it just seems to ignore this validation whatever I set the form page
property to. I'm expecting it to perform this validation if the form page
property is >= 2, and ignore the validation altogether if the form page
property is < 2.

> >I have noticed that changing the page value to an integer (without the
quotes) eg

> ><field property="adults"
> >                     page=2
> >                     depends="required">
> >
> >                  <arg0 key="passengerBookingForm.adults"/>
> ></field>
> >
> >it does the validation, but it will do it no matter what I set the page
form property to. Has anybody got this working or know what I'm doing wrong?