struts-user mailing list archives

From wo_shi_ni_ba_ba <wo_shi_ni_ba...@yahoo.com>
Subject validation issue
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 23:30:27 GMT
dear folks,
I am using struts validator framework for both
clientside and serverside validation.  On the jsp
page, I have a previous and next button, if the user
clicks previous I don't want to validate; if the user
clicks next I want to validate.   However I can not
modify the javascript function validateLogonForm
because its dynamically generated.  What's the best
practice here to achieve my goal?  for client side
validation, I am thinking about inserting a hidden
field, and then have two javascript functions
handlePrevious and handleNext that will set the value
of this field before submit the form, and then use
validation rule like validwhen.  Is this a valid/good
approach?

Here is what my form looks like:
action="/logon" method="post">