struts-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Bhutada <Sachin.Bhut...@xoriant.com>
Subject RE: Will the execute method of ExceptionHandler be called ?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:08:39 GMT

Thanks Erik,
		Yes execute method of ExceptionHandler will be invoked when
Action's execute method throws an Exception.
But my question was .. Whether it will be invoked if some exception occurs
at the time of population the ActionForm's properties. Population is done by
Struts Utils classes. So I am not very much sure whether it will execute it
or not .

Sachin

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Weber [mailto:erikweber@mindspring.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 11:55 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Will the execute method of ExceptionHandler be called ?

Yes. The execute method of an ExceptionHandler is invoked whenever an
Action's execute method throws an Exception that the ExceptionHandler is
configured to handle (via "exception" elements in struts-config.xml). It
is then up to the handler to provide the forward rather than the Action.

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/building_controller.html#exception_handle

Erik