struts-user mailing list archives

From "Fogleson, Allen" <allen.fogle...@daugherty.com>
Subject RE: MVC Frameworks
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:22:57 GMT
Yeap that is the game. I have been a first option kind of guy for a long
time. This particular project was not mine at inception, or
construction, I ended up with it in my lap at transition time.
Unfortunately for me I had to do the apologizing/explaining :)

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Chappell [mailto:simonpeterchappell@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:18 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: MVC Frameworks

Ahh yes, the ol' architecture approval game. I have played this game
so often that it's not even funny anymore. And it's always at big
companies. Sigh.

The only options are 1) comply and get very little done or 2) slip
into stealth mode, get things done and then appologise like crazy
after they discover what you did. For most people I recommend the
first option. I dabbled with the second option for a while, but then
my employer declared that downloading unauthorised software could be
grounds for dismissal. I'm strictly a first option kinda guy now.