struts-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject How to get web.xml to ActionForm via struts?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:13:12 GMT
Hello,

I have ran into a snag and I hope someone has an answer, or clue on this. I am using a set
of DatabasePooling classes to handle all my database needs. I store the dbID in the web.xml
file as a context-param.  Prior to using Struts, I would create a bean using <jsp:useBean
and since this was a bean, I would just pass in the dbid at creation time. No big deal.

Now when I am using struts, I do not understand how to get the value into my classes that
extend ActionForm (my new beans).

I know this appears simple, but I am not using DynaAction forms, I am using ActionForms. I
see how the Dyna can take parameters, but I do not see that for ActionForms. Also I do not
want to duplicate the dbid connection string and put it in the struts-config.xml file. I want
to keep it in the web.xml file.

Thanks,
Scott