struts-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject html:form complains of bean missing
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:16:59 GMT
First off, as I am learning Struts I just wanted to thank those, for bearing with my learning
curve and helping out so far.

Here is the issue:
I want to pass all my forms, even forms without params to the com.skp.action.LoginAction action
class, because this class handles the "isLoggedIn" issue through a subclass of Action.

Anyway, I have a jsp page that has no params, so I have no bean to collect user data, so I
configured my action like so:
<action  path="/mainAdmin"
    type="com.skp.action.LoginAction" >
     <forward name="Success" path="/jsp/admin/main.jsp" redirect="true"/>
  </action>

Anyway, I just want to always use the LoginAction as a "Front Controller" to my web app, and
catch the status of "logged-in" etc.
This works well, but I have to use conventional <html> code and not the html:form tag:

works:
<!-- <form name="foo" action="/uniquepear/action/mainAdmin" method="POST"> -->
does not work:

When I use the above I get this error in the browser:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot retrieve definition for form bean null
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:495)
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspService(main_jsp.java:175)

But I have no reason to have  a bean for this action.
How does one handle this problem?

Thanks
Scott