struts-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Purcell" <spurc...@vertisinc.com>
Subject RE: html:form complains of bean missing
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:06:34 GMT
Hello Gunther,

I read last night about the tiles tempating functionality, so I have a little better handle
on it today. It actually is a nice way to create some parts of my app, so I will revisit it
today and try and prototype a couple of pages together. But as far as handling the session
expires, etc, I do not completely understand how this is accomplished.

What I have today, is a extended Action class which I can call a method eg: "if (obj.isLoggedIn())
{ " type of method. So each of my pages has to go to the action servlet.

Anyway, if you could show me how you are handling this, or be a litle more precise that would
really help me out.

I sincerely appreciate your time,
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: G√ľnther Wieser [mailto:gwieser@creative-it.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:40 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: html:form complains of bean missing

hi

if you want a single point where you can check if a user is logged in or
not, you can do something like the following:
create a class "MyRequestProcessor extends TilesRequestProcessor" (in this
case it is because i use tiles) and implement the process() method.
within this method check for the login var that you e.g. put into the
session.
in the struts-config.xml add
<controller
processorClass="com.creative_it.webcreator.strutsext.MyRequestProcessor" />
and everythings fine.
what you need to do in the MyReqestProcessor class is to exclude all URLs
from checking that are used for e.g. the login form, or an error message in
case something went wrong.
if you want to be very nice to your users, store the URL that the user
requested in the session, than redirect to the login form, and if everything
went fine with the login, send him to the page that he/she originally
requested.

if you want the code for this, let me know, i can provide it.

kr,
guenther