struts-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject Re: MVC Frameworks
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:07:31 GMT

I get such a case recently : we are using Spring as IoC container. On
some situation we use a simple AOP interceptor.

Our customer have found on the net a benchmark comparing Spring vs
AspectJ vs AspectWerkz. The bench result was not good for Spring
(compared to AspectWerkz). The technical reason has no interest here,
but my customer has warned us on this and expected us to make load test
to confirm good application response-time (such load-tests had to be
done in any case...).

Here is an example why we may not use some framework or function, not
because it isn't the best, but just because customer doesn't agree (for
some reason that may not be technical).

For info, load-tests have demonstrated Spring was good enough for us...

Nico.