struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: Substring of <bean:write>
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:36:20 GMT
Schuster Joel M Contr ESC/NDC wrote the following on 3/11/2005 4:50 PM:
> I can't seem to find a clean way of getting a substring of <bean:write>...
> suggestions?

Use JSTL instead. There really are no advantages I can think of to use
bean:write vs c:out (Or just use a more recent servlet container like
Tomcat 5 and then you can use EL expressions ie ${yourBeanVal} directly.)

${fn:substring(stringVar, beginIndex, endIndex)}

Can use with c:out also if not using JSP2.0

<c:out value="${fn:substring(stringVar, beginIndex, endIndex)}"/>

--
Rick